miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2010

Countdown to Peking

It is been a while since I did not write anything in my new blog but the last days have been crazy. I am writing a report about the research I made in Austria while I am preparing everything for China. I must admit that in the last two days I am becoming a bit nervous about the trip, so I decided to share my fears with you. I need some support!!

In four days I will be sitting inside a plane for nine hours and I will arrive to Peking at 7 in the morning (local time). I have been thinking about how to get to my dormitory. As far as I know taxis are legal and cheap in Peking, so I think I will take this option because I can not imagine myself with the luggage being pushed inside a metro. Next step is finding someone in my dormitory to talk in English to ask for the keys of my room. Thanks to some of you I have some contacts in Peking to call in case of emergency. I hope that the room I will be given is the one that I applied for. I won´t be satisfied till the moment I see that my key opens the door of a single room as I asked for. After this, I will check the bathroom and I would be happy to find a western type of bathroom. Once all of this has happened, I will try to find the nearest supermarket, and if I find milk then I would be totally satisfied. And here comes my worst fear; would I be able to distinguish people, or a 20 year old corean student will look the same as a 40 years old teacher?

There are no more fears at the moment. The rest of necessary things to have the best experience ever are all my responsibility. By the way, I shouldn´t forget to bring a fork with.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario